Date(s) - 13/01/2018 - 14/01/2018
University of Michigan
CFP: North American Conference on Video Game Music
Deadline: October 1, 2017
Conference Dates: January 13–14, 2018
Conference Venue: University of Michigan, School of Music, Theatre & Dance
Scholars are invited to submit proposals for the fifth North American Conference on Video Game Music.
Presentations on any aspect of music in games are welcome, including but not limited to:
- The history of music in video games
- Approaches to analyzing game music
- Intersections of game music and other media (film, TV, etc.)
- Critical and/or hermeneutic approaches to game music
- Case studies of particular games
- Game music and pedagogy
- Ethnographic approaches to game music
- Performance of game music outside of games
This year, we are including a virtual lightning talk panel. A virtual lightning talk will be 10 minutes in length, and will consist of a pre-recorded video available for viewing during the conference. Conference attendance is not required to present a virtual lightning talk.
Additional information about the conference:
- Papers will be twenty minutes long (except lightning talks), with an additional ten minutes for discussion.
- Proposals are limited to 250 words, and should include the title of the paper, but should otherwise include no identifying information, including metadata.
- In the body of an e-mail, include your name, institutional affiliation (if applicable), contact information, and the title of your paper.
- Please also indicate whether you would like your paper to be considered for an in-person and/or virtual panel. If no such indication is made, we will assume you plan to present your paper in person.
- Email proposals to NACVGMemail@example.com by October 1, 2017. We aim to notify all applicants on or around November 1, 2017.
For further information, please write to NACVGMfirstname.lastname@example.org or visit the conference website at http://www.music.umich.edu/nacvgm.