We’re delighted to announce that Ludo2017, the Sixth Easter Conference on Video Game Music and Sound, will take place April 20th – 22ndat Bath Spa University, UK. While we welcome all proposals on sound and music in games, we are particularly interested in papers that support the theme of ‘Performance’, understood in the broadest sense. Possible topics on this theme include:
- Chips and sonic outputs,
- Playing with, and within, technological audio constructs,
- Sound and ludic interaction,
- Histories of developing techniques and tools,
- Game audio aesthetics and approaches,
- Composition with game technologies (chips, engines, etc.).
The conference will feature a keynote address by Kenneth McAlpine (Abertay University), author of Bits and Pieces: A History of Chiptunes (OUP, 2017), with further keynote speakers and guests to be announced shortly.